Jewish Experience Week - Med Connections
Jan 6,- Jan 12, 2020
- Networking opportunities with Medical professionals from Johns Hopkins Medical School, NIH and University of Maryland (Summer Internships)
- Visit the National Institutes of Health
- Visit the University of Maryland's Shock Trauma Center , considered the father of trauma care and gave the world the concept of the Golden Hour. The Shock Trauma Center is the nation's first and only integrated Trauma Hospital. It is the busiest trauma center in the country with close to 8000 admissions a year.
- Hatzalah Tour - Get an inside view in the state of the art custom made Hatzolah Ambulance and meet heroic Hatzalah members that dedicate their lives to saving lives.
- Meet the President of Sinai Hospital CEO Dr Jonathan Ringo and learn the about financial side of operating a Hospital.
- Study one on one at
- Medical Ethics
- Krav Maga
- Kosher Cooking
- Jewish Baltimore
"Taste the Deli" at Market Maven
Shawarma at Koshe Bite
Mama Leah's Kosher Pizza
*Note: Schedule, speakers and events are subject to change.
Dr Sam Durso
Commitment to a life of Medicine- Balancing career and family
Mason F. Lord Professor of Medicine; Director, Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University
Dr. Dan Edelman
The Precision Medicine Initiative: why the time is now!
Center for Cancer Research Facility Head Genetics Branch Head, Clinical Molecular Profiling Core at the National Institute of Health
Dr. Ronnie Samet
The Slippery Slope of Medical Ethics. An Interactive Discussion with a Trauma Doc
Director of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine at the University of Maryland Medical Center and trauma anesthesiologist at the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.
Rabbi Yehuda Moridian
End of Life issues in Jewish Law
Director of Pikesville Health Clinic
Dr Michael Oshinsky PHD
N.I.H. Program Director, Pain and Migraine